To visit Ekaterinburg, it is necessary for foreign citizens to get a Russian tourist visa.
What is a Russian tourist visa?
Tourist visa is a document which allows foreign citizens to travel on the territory of Russia during a short period (up to 30 days) to get acquainted with the sights of the country. Visa is issued based on a supporting invitation letter issued by a tourist company that hosts the foreign citizen.
How to apply for the Russian tourist visa?
First of all, it is necessary to obtain a tourist invitation. Then provide a full package of documents to the consular office of Russia and pay the visa application fee. The package of documents might differ depending on a consular office. However,:
- tourist visa application,
- original passport
- photos are a universal requirement.
The invitation can be provided by a host side:
- a hotel where you are planning to stay. Most Ekaterinburg hotels can process and send an invitation upon the request of the guest, but we advise you to specify this in advance before booking a room. As a rule, this service is paid additionally (on average, 500 rubles);
- if you are invited by a resident of Ekaterinburg – he/she can personally apply for an invitation to the Department of the Federal Migration Service or send an application on the portal www.gosuslugi.ru. He/she has to pay a state duty (800 rubles.), the procedure time is up to 20 working days;
- the invitation can also be issued by tourist operators accredited for the receipt of foreign guests (the cost of the service varies from 1500 to 5000 rubles).
- Before you apply, contact the Consulate to confirm the original tourist visa invitation is absolutely necessary or a copy will be sufficient. Be prepared that the Consulate officials may ask you to provide medical insurance for the entire duration of the trip to Russia, acquired at a local or national insurance company.
- Depending on the Consulate, your tourist visa application can take 1-2 weeks to process. Based on a personal decision of Consul, visa can be granted in 1-2 days.
How to renew the Russian tourist visa?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to extend a tourist visa except for some force majeure situations (for example, emergency treatment).
Travel duration available to holders of the tourist visa
Russian tourist visa is issued for a period of up to 30 days. If an applicant is requesting a visa for a period of more than 2 weeks, the Consulate officials may request confirmation of the Hotel booking for the duration of your intended stay in the Russian Federation as well as your travel itinerary.
Registration of foreign citizens
All foreign citizens are obligated to complete the temporary registration procedure within 7 days following their arrival to Russia. In order to do it, while crossing the border of Russia, each foreign person is given a migration card with the date of his/her crossing the border indicated in it.
The amount of the consular fee charged for processing tourist visa application documents, depends on the applicant's nationality. They are determined by bilateral interstate agreements.
For example, the citizens of Schengen countries are charged a visa fee of 35 € for processing visa application within 4-10 days and 70 € for a turnaround time of up to 3 days.