The photo-studio building was erected in 1924-1926 and was funded by photo artists Murdasov F.S. and Kuznetsov A.F. On design drawings approved in April 1924, signatures of the city engineer Vagichev and a design department head Chikontsev can be detected.
It is a two-storey brick house with a rectangular plan. The street façade has an asymmetrical form which is noticeable for diverse elements applied on one façade: a wooden balcony with a tent-shaped roof and a big-scale curtain wall for the shooting pavilion. In those times the day light was used for making pictures, that’s why we can still see this enormous screen which was rebuilt in 2016. The rectangular window areas are encased in brick architraves with saddle stones.
This heritage-listed building is one of the architectural landmarks of the city, the facade of which is designed eclectically using a “brick” style. Here there used to be a full service photo studio: after the photo was taken, the photo-plate was developed in a special dark room with a sink and then given to a customer.
The photo studio existed for about 90 years. Even Boris Yeltsin was one of its customers. In March, 2017 the “Living theater” found here its retreat. Now performances mostly for children are held here daily. Aleksander Pantykin, “grandfather of the Ural rock” was one of the theater initiators.