Residential building with a shop, a vivid example of merchant quarter development in the late 19th century Ekaterinburg.
A house on this site was listed in the city layout plans since mid-19th century, but the present building dates back to 1890. Its architectural style (eclectic with predominating baroque elements) is close to known works by Y. O. Dutel. Located at the intersection of two streets in a busy commercial district near the city’s main square, the house belonged to the Telegins famous merchant family.
The Telegins were known not only for their successful business, but also their social, religious, cultural and charitable activities. They donated substantial sums to construction and maintenance of churches and historic heritage. The ground floor of this house on Uspenskaya (currently Vainera) Street was occupied by their draper's store known to the whole city. The sales area covered the entire floor along the main façade and was separated from office space by main walls. The residential first floor was divided into a few separate apartments.
The sculpture "Friends", located right next to the building, is continued inside the jewelry store.