Ekaterinburg citizens always widely celebrate the Victory Day. The main events at this day will take place in the city centre.
The main events are going to be on the Square of 1905, and most people will come there to see them.
The Victory Day parade
The most memorable part of the festival is the parade. There are a lot of militaries and special techniques on the parade. During this day a lot of people bring some flowers to the monuments and memorials, it is a way to show respect to some history events.
Entertaining program is arranged on the several venues at noon. There are the poetry, songs of wartime and dancing folk groups’ performances.
It is the most favourite moment of citizens on the 9th of May. Firework is the value present gfor everyone.
Event program on the 9th of May, 2019
- 8 a.m. – Ceremonial Ritual “Memory” (Shyrokaya Rechka Memorial)
- 10 a.m. – Parade (Square of 1905)
- 10 a.m. – Demonstration and Public Meeting (Square in front of PAO «Uralchimmach»)
- 10 a.m. – Ceremonial Meeting and laying flowers in front of the monument devoted to Uralmash workers killed in actions of the Great Patriotic War (1 Pyatiletki Square)
- 11 a.m. – 12.30 p.m. – Patriotic movement «Immortal regiment» (Lenina Avenue)
- 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. – event «To remember everybody by names…» (Square 1905)
- 11.30 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Veterans meeting near the monument to the Scout Motorcyclists of the Ural Volunteer Tank Corps and Historic Reconstruction (Mayakovsky Central Park)
- 11.30 a.m. – The Exhibition of military equipment and retro cars (Pushkina St.)
- 11.30 a.m. – «Victory waltz» (Historical Public Garden)
- 12 p.m. – Broadcasting of the Victory Day parade on the Red Square in Moscow (Square of 1905)
- 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. – Family program «I am a winner» (Sovetskoy Armii Square)
- 12 p.m. – 5 p.m. – «We are your grandchildren, Victory!» Concert Program (Historical Public Garden)
- 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. – «Sverdlovsk during the Great Patriotic War» Open Lectures (Historical Public Garden)
- 12 p.m. – 8 p.m. – «Great War Theatre» immersive performance (Historical Public Garden)
- 12.30 p.m. – 7 p.m. - «Let’s sing, my friends» Concert Program (Pushkina St.)
- 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. – Open air Cinema (Aquare of 1905)
- 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. – «We remember, we are proud, we thank» Concert Program (Square of 1905)
- 7 p.m. – 10.30 p.m. – «Victory Banner» Gala concert (Historical Public Garden)
- 10.30 p.m. – Festival Firework (City Pond Water Area)
Please pay attention that some roads are closed for movement during the Victory Day. So choose other ways.