On the 18th of November Ekaterinburg celebrates its historical birthday, and one of the most popular traditions of this Day is the project “Ekaterinburg’s Lights: Museum Evening”. 11 years ago City Museums have decided to give visitors the opportunity to see the expositions free of charge in the evenings.
The motto of this project is “Museum for busy people”. In this day the museums are opened till 10 p.m. for those who works or studies during the day.
Pay attention that during the day, the 18th of November, museums work as usual and the project is held in the extra time (from 6 p.m. till 10 p.m.).
Museums which are participants of this project:
1) Ekaterinburg Museum of Fine Arts
2) Naive Art Museum
3) Ekaterinburg History Museum
4) Metenkov’s House Photography Museum
5) Water Tower
6) 19th Century Ural Literary Life Museum
7) 20th Century Ural Literary Life Museum
8) Dolls and Children’s Books Museum
9) Fyodor Reshetnikov Literary House Museum
10) Mamin-Sibiryak Literary Memorial House Museum
11) Pavel Bazhov Memorial House Museum
12) Shuravi Veterans Memorial Museum
13) Gamayun Folk Art Museum Centre
14) Poklewsky-Kozell’s House Exhibition Centre
15) Museum of History and Archeology of the Middle Urals
16) Nature Museum
17) Alexander Popov Radio Museum
18) Ernst Neizvestny Art Museum
19) The Agafurov Merchants’ House
20) Middle Urals Fruit Gardening History Museum
21) Museum of Military History of the Urals
22) Jewellery and Stonecutting History Museum
23) Boris Yeltsin Presidential Centre
24) Museum of Hygiene
You need to get a free ticket in advance on the cash desk or on the website.