During the Soviet era the building was occupied by the city committee of the Communist Party and the City Council. Since 1991 it houses Ekaterinburg City Administration and Ekaterinburg Municipal Duma.
Address: Lenina Ave., 24A
World's Nothernmost skyscrapper with multi-functional infratructere: from a museam of a famous poets whose name was given to the building to a spa-centre at a height of the birds fly.
Address: Malysheva St. 51
In Soviet times Sverdlovsk Opera and Ballet Theater became one of the best in the country. In 1966 it received the status of an academic theater; it was awarded with USSR state awards twice. Alexander Pirogov, Fatima Mukhtarova, Sergey Lemeshev, Ivan Kozlovskiy, Feodor Chaliapin, and other opera celebrities sang on its stage. Today Opera and Ballet Theater is one of the brightest landmarks in Ekaterinburg.
Address: Ave. Lenina, 46a
EMFA preserves the largest in Russia collection of the Kasli iron cast works, centered around the Kasli iron cast pavilion created by local craftsmen with project by St. Petersburg architect E. E. Baumgarten for the World’s Fair in Paris in 1900.
Address: Voyevodina St, 5
One of the most recognizable places of Ekaterinburg, which allows one to feel the creatively interwoven history and contemporary culture, is the pedestrian Vaynera Street often called the local Arbat. In the 19th century it was the most prestigious market street in Ekaterinburg.
Address: Centre of city
Square of 1905 – is the oldest square of Ekaterinburg. It was called so in honor of revolutionary events of early 20th century: on 1, May, 1905 here was the first political demonstration and a meeting and on 19, October the Bolsheviks organized here a political meeting dedicated to manifest of Emperor Nikolay II (the document established the State Duma in Russia).
Address: Centre of City, Vaynera st. & Lenina ave. crossroads
One of the most significant monuments of architecture of Ekaterinburg in the XVIII – XIX centuries, the largest and the earliest construction of the mansion ensemble of the city.
Address: Karla Liebknechta St., 44